Monday, September 13, 2010

And So It Begins

My First Blog!  Egats! Run for the hills!  Have I anything important to say?  Words of Wisdom that will somehow change the world?  Opinions shared by millions lifting me to some new path I have never dreamed?  Nah, Just me, wanting to write again and simply put finally sittin my butt down to do it!  I would like to tell you my imaginary friend that you will read amazing stories unveiled from a brilliant mind.  Read Epic poems causing you to cry and laugh and examine your personal reality. Yeah!  Let's go with That!

Really, I will spew verbal garbage with some tripe thrown in for good measure.  And just like an oyster, you might just find a pearl or two... maybe a bit warped for the wear, but a pearl nonetheless. 

My first Pearl, Tomorrow is not a guarantee.  Too many have passed on and Too many times we forget to tell them of their true value.  Some never know they touched a life.  I feel that too often people overlook the little things people do that really end up meaning something.  Smiling at someone who has had a horrible day, giving up a seat for someone who it truly tired, sharing a joke with someone who is sad or lonely, these little things may touch a life in a way that is unknown.  So when someone touches your life and realize it, Tell them, for Tomorrow they or you may be gone.  And if those have already left, Take a moment, Tell them anyway!

I have been told you don't have to tell the people you love that you love them all the time.  I would disagree.  Our anxieties, tough environment, and overall cynicism would call for more nurturing conversations between people.  Hate is so easily embraced and spreads like fire, but love is condemned and pushed aside.  Between the "TPS reports" and traffic and bills to pay, people forget, we forget to be kind.  We forget to tell people about the good they do in the simple things and criticize.

There is a great quote in "Pretty Woman", well there are a lot of great quotes, but this one is relevant... "People put you down enough, you start to believe it."  Why do you think that is?  Because we forget to tell them they are good.

You, my friend are wonderful.  I thank you for reading this!  Enjoy each day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment